Preparing for your lash appointment
- Do not wear any mascara or eye make-up the day of your appointment.
- Do not use any products on or around the lashes 24 hours prior to lash appointment period. Certain products may affect (effect) how the extensions adhere to your natural lashes. It is best to not use products 24 hours prior to your lash appointment to ensure your extensions longevity.
- Do not use lash conditioners or lash serums 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not curl your lashes the day of your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with a clean makeup-free and product-free face. This includes sunscreen and any skincare products.
Absolutely no mascara on the day of your appointment! This includes retouch appointments!
To Keep Your Lashes Clean, Try Lash Bath!
- 2 Tablespoons Baby Shampoo (tear-free)
- 12 Tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda (optional)
- Mix the ingredients together in a bottle and store.
To apply: Using your CLEAN fingertips, gently work the shampoo into your lashes and down to your eyelids. Thoroughly rinse with water and pat dry. Comb lashes mid-lash upwards with a mascara wand or lash comb. Blow dry on COOL for a “fluffier” look.
Washing your lash extensions plays an integral part in how your extensions last and how comfortable they are. If you have ever experienced any itching on the eyelids (with lash extensions or not), it could be due to a bacteria build up at the eyelid base. Take the time to wash your lashes and eyelids daily to keep bacteria at bay.
- Do NOT do the following:
- Do not wet the eye are for 24 hours.
- Do not use any oil based products (cleansers, moisturizers, sunscreens, eye makeup, mascara, and remover should be OIL FREE).
- Do not use eyelash curlers.
- Do not use any waterproof makeup. Waterproof needs to be taken off with an oil based remover. Oil will cause lash extensions to fall out.
- Do not pull or rub extensions.
- Use caution around heat (cooking, blow dryers, saunas) as heat will straighten extensions.
- Our Blink Noir Mascara can be used on our extensions. It is water based. It goes on easy and comes off easy with water. It does not smudge or smear. Use on the tips of your extensions only.
- Extensions can be dried with a blow dryer on the COOL setting after showering.
- Use a disposable mascara want to brush unruly tips. Brush mid-extensions up as they are adhered close to the base.
- A retouch/refill appointment is recommended 2-3 weeks later.
- We recommend a complete removal and new set every 3 months. During the removal, we remove all old extensions and adhesive. Also, we deep clean and sanitize your natural lashes. This will ensure longs lasting eyelash extensions.